Welcome to Glendale!

Welcome to Glendale!

Here are the steps you need to take as you’re getting ready to move into your new home:

1. Have the seller send in an application for a Housing Inspection
Before we can allow someone to live in a home, we have to make sure it’s up to code! Have the seller (or the owner of the property, if you’re just renting) send in an application for a housing inspection here. The fee for the application is $110 and available to pay online on the application. The City contracts St. Louis County to do the inspections, so that’s who will be reaching out to the current owner!

2. Send in an application for an Occupancy Permit
The inspection was passed! Now we’re ready to receive your occupancy permit, which will be filled out by the people moving into their future home. You can fill that out here and pay the $25 fee on there, as well.

Once we have both the passed inspection and the occupancy permit application for your new home, we will send out your occupancy permit and switch over utility billing to be in your name! Please reach out to City Hall if you need trash bins or want to switch out the sizes.

A few notes:

  • If you are a landlord and have a new tenant moving in, you must get a housing inspection done. Once this is passed, have your new tenants send in an occupancy permit application. Unless we are notified otherwise, utility billing will be switched over to the new tenant.
  • If you haven’t received your failed inspection report, please call St. Louis County Public Works, as they don’t send over failed reports to the City.
  • If you are moving into a newly built home, you don’t need a housing inspection but still need an occupancy permit.