Dear Glendale Residents:
As we enter the second week of the St. Louis County “Stay At Home” order, I want to thank all of you for your efforts to comply with the order so far. I know that the order is inconvenient and at times challenging to obey, but these are unique and difficult times. Success in stemming the spread of the COVID-19 virus depends on the actions of us all. To better educate the public about the “Stay At Home” order, I’ve asked our staff to step up our engagement efforts and focus our communications with residents on the following core issues:
Once this crisis has passed, I can’t wait to see all of the block parties and neighbor-to-neighbor events that have helped make Glendale the best place to live in St. Louis County, but until then, please stay separate, stay safe, and stay home!
Mayor Mike Wilcox
The City of Glendale continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and make adjustments to services as necessary. This is a fluid situation and plans are changing as needed. In response to the County “Stay At Home Order”, we have adjusted our services and facility hours of operation. Please note this list has been updated since our March 18th announcement.
• City Hall lobby is closed to the public effective March 24th. Administrative, Court, and Public Works staff will still be available during the day by phone and email to assist with residents. Some employees will also be working remotely several times per week during this time;
• Notary services are suspended until further notice;
• We are exploring hosting the Board of Aldermen meeting for April 6th using video conferencing or online streaming services. If this occurs. we will provide additional details later next week on how to access the meeting remotely;
• Residents should use the drop box situated to the east of the entry way for payments, applications and permit requests. Additionally, our website hosts all of our permits and applications needed for occupancy, pet tags, zoning approvals, bank draft payments, and court payments. Call 314-965-3600 for the appropriate email address to send completed forms to City Hall for approval. Applications and payments may be sent through the mail or placed in the drop box on the exterior of the building if preferred;
• For easy trash payments, the City encourages residents to sign up for a bank draft and the application can be found on the City’s website. Residents may also call in with their credit card information for payment or use regular mail, banking on-line or the drop box outside the office if preferred;
• For Court payments (Warson Woods, Oakland, and Glendale) please use the drop box on the exterior of the building or pay via the appropriate Court payment website;
• The City of Glendale Auditorium will not be available for public use until further notice;
• ARB and Board of Adjustment meetings have been cancelled for the month of April;
• No new solicitor/peddler permits are being issued at this time;
• As ordered by the Governor, the April 7, 2020 election will be held in the Glendale Auditorium on June 2, 2020;
Please do not hesitate to call the City Hall if you have any questions. Staff will still be available from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Thank you in advance for your patience during this trying time.
City Administrator/City Clerk
City of Glendale